OT: 5TB 3.5" HDDs... by 2010 and why LCDs have been so expensive!

Posted by Ben King 
OT: 5TB 3.5" HDDs... by 2010 and why LCDs have been so expensive!
May 22, 2009 09:03AM
[www.techradar.com]

Oooo - 40TB in my current rack Mmmmm

[www.techradar.com]

Naughty naughty Hitachi execs!

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Re: OT: 5TB 3.5" HDDs... by 2010 and why LCDs have been so expensive!
May 22, 2009 10:08AM
BREAKING NEWS! Computer storage to get faster, bigger, cheaper! STOP THE PRESSES.

May 22, 2009 10:48AM
I am surprised at that hitachi wouldn't focus more on solid state mass storage. Less likeliness for failure, I would think.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

May 22, 2009 11:08AM

BREAKING NEWS! Computer storage to get faster, bigger, cheaper! STOP THE PRESSES.

Oooo who's in a sarky mood already today!

I thought its a fairly large jump from current 2TB to more than double in supposedly less than a year especially as Hitachi are lagging behind in the HDD size race...

I am surprised at that hitachi wouldn't focus more on solid state mass storage. Less likeliness for failure, I would think.

It would be good to see the SSD for mass storage market really take off - I guess its just really starting to become a serious option if not a little pricey.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
May 22, 2009 11:40AM
Agreed, Ben. Hitachi is the #1 & only on my buy / recommend list these days and it's good to hear of them expanding their line. I think as SS becomes more accepted and mass produced, the price will come down. Companies like SanDisk, Kingston and Transcend will become household names.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics