project will not render

Posted by larkwatts 
project will not render
May 30, 2009 02:45PM
I am at the end of a project and I am trying to render the scrolling credits--I have tried everything--I have never had this problem before and I have checked to make sure I hadn't inadvertently changed a setting. The problem started when I went back to change a mis-spelling on a name in the credits.... I started a new project and then tried to render in a new timeline--it still will not render....I am afraid I am going to have to upgrade... ALSO---I have tried to log and capture and it will not let me--(I am capturing mini-dv--I have checked all of the settings and they are correct).

I am using OS X 10.4.11 and FCP 5.04
Has anyone else had this problem?
lark
Re: project will not render
May 31, 2009 10:02PM
Have you checked your scratch disks?

Make sure your render is routed to a roomy scratch disk in System Settings. It's a media file like any other except in name.

Make sure the sequence file name has no oddball (/&^%$#*:.) punctuation in it.

Make sure you've checked the proper Render flavors in your Sequence>Render menu options. For instance, if you have a realtime render make certain the green line option is checked before invoking Render All or Selected. These handy options allow you to control what you want rendered and what can be left alone for realtime playback.

Think about upgrading to at least 5.1.4-- well-behaved under Tiger with QuickTime 7.2.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Cycle Image to Image & Wireframe to Wireframe with W !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics