FCP Won't Start Up

Posted by Alex13 
FCP Won't Start Up
July 15, 2009 06:08PM
I've been using FCP 6.0.6 on my MacBook Pro all day without any problems. I shut it down to move around some drives and then tried to start it up again, but it immediately crashed. I've tried restarting my computer multiple times, disconnecting all external hard drives and turning off my airport card, but the problem persists. It gets to the "External A/V...Unable to locate the following devices" message and I hit continue as I don't have any external decks or cameras connected and it continues to start up for a second and then I get "The application Final Cut Pro quit unexpectedly" message. What should I do?
Re: FCP Won't Start Up
July 15, 2009 06:19PM
Trash your preferences.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
July 15, 2009 06:33PM
July 15, 2009 09:03PM
That.

Is.

Awesome.

If I weren't between gigs right now, I'd be all over that. How did I never know that shirt existed!?

July 15, 2009 10:01PM
I've never seen that. Made me laugh out loud.

I bet we could stick that onto the forum as a full-screen pop-up window and it'd still not make a difference.

www.derekmok.com
July 16, 2009 12:47PM
No it wouldn't. I block popup windows.

I can count the number of times I've ever had to trash my preferences on one hand.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:

Nudge a Canvas layer by subpixel with Command-Option-Arrows !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
July 16, 2009 01:25PM
Me too, probably. But I can't count the number of times I've heard somebody describe problem X and gone, "Oh, yeah, that happened to me. I trashed my preferences to fix it."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics