Recapturing Footage With Six Audio Channels

Posted by thisisrichard 
Recapturing Footage With Six Audio Channels
July 17, 2009 06:48PM
Hi all--

I'm coming onto a documentary that's been in post for awhile. We're trying to figure out what's the best way to recapture footage with more audio channels. Here's the situation:

Our DVCPRO 50 footage was originally captured in Final Cut with two audio channels, even though it was recorded with six. After some editing (a lot, actually) the editor wants to now recapture the same footage with all six discrete audio channels.

My thought would be to unlink the current media, then doing a batch capture of the six-channel audio footage. Will this cause any major problems? Will the new footage relink properly to the two-channel footage? My gut says "no"; any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Re: Recapturing Footage With Six Audio Channels
July 17, 2009 08:29PM
Really? What camera would that be that records six channels? Most I've ever heard of was 4.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
Re: Recapturing Footage With Six Audio Channels
July 17, 2009 09:39PM
Modify > Make Offline ...
Modify > Clip Settings ...
File > Batch Capture ...

should work, but try it on a couple of test clips / sequences first before you go the whole hog
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics