OT: Good Night & Good News WALTER CRONKITE (RIP)

Posted by grafixjoe 
OT: Good Night & Good News WALTER CRONKITE (RIP)
July 17, 2009 10:24PM
[news.yahoo.com]

All of us in Broadcast have been touched by his work at one time or another.

Rest In Peace.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Re: OT: Good Night & Good News WALTER CRONKITE (RIP)
July 17, 2009 10:42PM
And thats the way it is, Friday July 17th 2009 ...
July 18, 2009 10:30AM
an era of news has passed. RIP Walt.

great quote andy.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
July 18, 2009 11:32AM
Now we get old.

So long, Uncle Walter.

Best, as always,
Loren S. Miller
www.neotrondesign.com
Home of KeyGuide Central
July 18, 2009 11:36AM
About the only one left from that great era of journalists is Mike Wallace. He's 91. Very sad, but we were very lucky to have had someone like Cronkite to get us through those wacky times with such calm and grace and more importantly, truth.

Michael Horton
-------------------
July 18, 2009 11:37AM
That's right; total credibility.

Best, as always,
Loren S. Miller
www.neotrondesign.com
Home of KeyGuide Central
July 18, 2009 11:53PM
Michael,

From the ancient generation how about a vote for Bob Schieffer? He's still going strong, even though probably about 150 years old, is, in my view, in the Pantheon.

And - hey - this thread is even more O/T than the "Food Artist" thread which was unceremoniously kicked off (see above). At least the Food Artist question was production related. This thread goes in the same camp as the Michael Jackson emotional outbursts of a couple weeks ago.

But I still love ya ...

Please don't hurt me ...

xxx

Harry

Harry Bromley-Davenport.
July 19, 2009 09:26AM

And - hey - this thread is even more O/T than the "Food Artist" thread

Sorry, harry...you seem to have an issue with industry-related obituary posts...and this is a big one.

Walter Cronkite's death is MORE OT than FOOD ARTIST?? Are you familiar with Walter Cronkite? When was the last time you HIRED and used a FOOD ARTIST on a shoot? That is a very specialized "niche" job that is very seldom used and only for food-related commercial ads & shows (especially outside of LA where there is not as much "specializing" going on).

Walter Cronkite was the pinnacle of Broadcast News Journalism...period. When my generation thinks about news...Walter Cronkite is the name that pops up. Many people in Broadcast TV, be it in front or behind the camera, are there because he inspired them to be there. He made Broadcast TV attractive, cool and larger than life to me. That encompasses Pre-Production / Production / Post Production / Delivery & Airing.

I personally believe that is more ON TOPIC that someone that puts Elmer's Glue into a bowl of breakfast cereal to make it photograph better.

...my 2 cents.

July 19, 2009 04:11PM
Joey, Joey, Joey ...

Ouch. That was deafening.

Actually, I regularly hire and know and am good friends with a Food Stylist. Her name is Kimberly Huson. She makes food look good. She did the food on "Titanic", for what it's worth. She's cool and funny and a really good cook. Her husband runs a post facility here in LA called SecretHQ. They also have a dog. I can't remember its name.

You may not want her phone number, but the poster in fact did. I had to send him a private email because the thread was killed. So whoever killed the thread did a mild disservice to the O/P

And yes - since you ask me - I regret to say that I DO believe that the highly charged emotional posts bemoaning the deaths of Jackson and Cronkite are more O/T than "lip synching in slo mo" and finding a food stylist.

That doesn't mean that I would kill Jackson/Cronkite type threads if I were a moderator, because, understandably, people wish to express themselves in the wake of such big news and this is a smashing and friendly board.

And now I'm going to stamp my foot and cry because I am powerless and unworthy.

Love

Harry.

Harry Bromley-Davenport.
July 19, 2009 08:02PM

Actually, I regularly hire and know and am good friends with a Food Stylist.

You're a good guy, harry - Point taken...and my apologies for generalizing. I also know a stellar Food Stylist named Sharon Wills here in Florida. She ROCKS...gave me a job as her assistant back when I was a freelance PA down in Miami in the 80's. I am gonna finish this in a PM and explain my position a little better grinning smiley

July 19, 2009 10:33PM
Best affection to Joey.

Harry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics