Has anyone used a Sony GV-HD700 High Definition Video Walkman with FCP

Posted by ParadiseIsle 
Has anyone used a Sony GV-HD700 High Definition Video Walkman with FCP
July 21, 2009 04:32PM
I have a Canon HV30, I would like to use the Sony GV-HD700 High Definition Video Walkman to import footage into FCP 5.1.4. Has anyone used this combination successfully?

Thanks, ParadiseIsle
Re: Has anyone used a Sony GV-HD700 High Definition Video Walkman with FCP
July 21, 2009 04:44PM
Pretty sure that's got no firewire output. Just use your camera; Final Cut loves it. Make sure you use a "firewire basic" easy setup appropriate for your frame rate.

July 21, 2009 05:30PM
Yes, I use it all the time with an HV-30. It has a firewire input/output (same connector). Also separate outputs for monitoring.

But, I don't remember whether or not 5.1.4 can import HDV but I don't think so. Either shoot in SD or if you're shooting in the HDV mode then you might have to downconvert the footage using the 700, which it can easily do, to bring in SD.

Hope this helps.
July 21, 2009 05:33PM
Thanks for clarifying that. I thought for some reason that that gadget had no capability to emulate a deck over Firewire. Glad to learn I was misinformed.

July 21, 2009 08:28PM
I use this quite a bit on road trips to the islands. Sit in the room after dinner, have a drink or two, start the import process into my laptop, nod off, wake up, and viola, it's all done. It integrates very well with 6.0.5.
July 21, 2009 09:34PM
Jeff, It does have firewire, my main use is to "not use" my Canon HV30 as an editing deck. I know it will not import Canon's proprietary 24p and I do get some positive feedback on the on the 1080x1920 and the lower HD formats.

Thanks for the interest

ParadiseIsle
July 21, 2009 09:38PM
I do import HDV directly from the Canon into FCP 5.1.4, I just don't want to spend a grand to only import SD. I just sold a JVC minidvd deck for 275.00 that imported SD over firewire. I really need to know if I can import HD directly from this deck.
July 23, 2009 08:45PM
The 700 has connections for HDV, DV, HDMI, RGB, Composite, S-Video and USB. It runs on a.c., L batteries or M batteries. It's a really useful piece of gear.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics