Way to screen out logo on Microphone?

Posted by MikeLA 
Way to screen out logo on Microphone?
June 17, 2006 03:40PM
Hello all,

Wondering if anyone has a quick and easy fix for this problem. I cut a travel show last year that will now be picked up by another network. We want to re-use and re-cut interview scenes that include a mike with a logo on it. Anybody got tips on the various ways to have another logo follow around the mike and mask the prior logo? Thanks for any suggestions!
Re: Way to screen out logo on Microphone?
June 17, 2006 03:51PM
If you're talking about wanting it to look realistic, it will be very expensive unless the microphone is completely static. Otherwise you're talking about size, perspective and motion tracking, and it will be neither easy nor quick, and Final Cut Pro will definitely be the wrong tool for the job.
June 17, 2006 08:01PM

We have teams of Trackers that do nothing else but that, frame by painful frame. It's an entry level job. If you make it through that without going screaming down the hallway or throttling a co-worker in the men's room, then you're ready for a job in Computer Animation.

Koz

June 17, 2006 09:36PM
You could check out CHV's 'MotionTracker Insert Image' plugin here [www.smartdigital.com.au] or Lyric has a set here [www.lyric.com]

I have briefly messed with the CHV set, and I found it a bit difficult to get the end points to work, but I really only spent half an hour on it, so its likely that I just didn't give it enough thought at the time. I think there are demos of both, in any case, and there are sure to be some other versions of motion tracking filters out there.
June 17, 2006 09:36PM
Easy on the Animators, there, koz...and it's definitely NOT an "entry level" job...you have to know what you're doing. I would rather do motion tracking / match moving / rotoscoping than pull cable any day winking smiley

Motion Tracking / Rotoscoping is tedious hell work for those with Attention Deficit Disorder. Those that don't (like me) take those jobs and get paid nicely for them. I would rather pay a Pro to do it RIGHT, than pay an "entry level" Animator that will probably take twice as long and do it poorly.

Mike...if you plan on trying Motion Tracking / Rotoscoping yourself and you have no experience at it, you may want to nail your windows shut to stop you from jumping out later on winking smiley (j/k - it's not that bad...but you should get After Effects Pro 7 to handle it).

My 2 cents.

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 18, 2006 12:29AM

<<<it's definitely NOT an "entry level" job...you have to know what you're doing.>>>

I didn't say they didn't know what they were doing. In a building with hundreds of World Class effects people, this is the job easiest to be World Class in.

Koz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics