How to speedup the new FCP7 help file and reading it in Safari

Posted by Mikael Fredriksson 
How to speedup the new FCP7 help file and reading it in Safari
August 01, 2009 03:17PM
I have modified a tip from Eli Krantzberg at the Logic Users Group to work with Final Cut Pro.
[www.logic-users-group.com]

Modified tip from Eli:

Hi All,

Okay I have REALLY GREAT TIP here for everyone, which makes the html manual _ALMOST_ as good as a pdf version.

Type the following script into the Terminal utility:

open "/Applications/Logic Pro.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/logicpro_help/index.html"

open "/Applications/Final Cut Pro.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/finalcutpro_help/index.html"

This will open the Logic Final Cut Pro Help document embedded in the Logic Final Cut Pro application, in Safari. Now from under the Safari file menu choose "save as" and "Format: Web Archive" then save it somewhere. It is saved as a small web archive document. You can now double click this to open the Logic Final Cut Pro Help file contents.

And here's the best part. IT IS REALLY FAST! One thing that has bugged me about the help file is how slow it is getting to the sub contents on each page. This archive file is ten times faster. I love it! This is how I will be using Logic's Final Cut Pros help from now on. And of course, being opened in Safari, it can be resized, and hidden, etc. It's great! And it's fast!
Nightshift Orchestra
elik@videotron.ca
Re: How to speedup the new FCP7 help file and reading it in Safari
August 01, 2009 03:22PM
Thanks for that. Let the testing begin and lets take a good look. Sounds like a sort of cool work around. Course, no page numbers but....

Michael Horton
-------------------
August 01, 2009 03:52PM
Links for the rest of the programs in FCS3:

open "/Applications/Dvd Studio Pro.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/dvdstudiopro_help/index.html"
open "/Applications/Motion.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/motion_help/index.html"
open "/Applications/Soundtrack Pro.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/soundtrackpro_help/index.html"
open "/Applications/Compressor.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/compressor_help/index.html"
open "/Applications/Color.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/color_help/index.html"
August 01, 2009 05:51PM
Replace "English" with your language if it's available.

Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
August 06, 2009 01:14AM
I second "Thanks for that." This is cool.

~chuck
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics