Print to Video settings for FCP 5.1.4 and HVX200

Posted by nyfilmmaker 
Print to Video settings for FCP 5.1.4 and HVX200
August 09, 2009 02:53PM
Does any have a list of the correct settings for the Print To Video setup exporting DV-NTSC from FCP 5.1.4 to HVX200?

I get audio and still frames but no video playback and record.

Thanks, Angelo
Re: Print to Video settings for FCP 5.1.4 and HVX200
August 09, 2009 10:11PM
I know a little about this. Your project has to be properly configured and the content has to be entirely rendered out. Then make sure your camera is set up exactly to the same format in FCP project settings.
August 10, 2009 12:45PM
Filmman, do you mean the Quicktime Video Settings in the SEQUENCE have to match the Camera Record scene file settings? Ie. DVCPRO 50 in FCP and DVCPRO 50 in the HVX200 scene file settings which are different that the RECORDING SETUP MENU??

Is this correct for DVCPRO HD/FCP to DVCPRO HD/HVX200 also?

Is there any difference concerning the Mini-DV capture?

Thanks.
August 10, 2009 01:35PM
DVCPRO 50 won't work. That camera's tape drive is DV/NTSC, not DV50. So your footage needs to be DV/NTSC, and your sequence settings need to be DV/NTSC.

But I have never printed to DV tape using that camera, so I don't have any gotchas or tips on what to do. Sorry.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
August 10, 2009 01:45PM
That's peculiar. First I tried DV/NTSC to DV/NTSC and that didn't work. I have my compressor settings at DVCPRO 50 and the camera settings at 480i 30P and that did work.

The issue I have is that I am trying to establish a work flow that works for every situation. Not just get lucky once in a while.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics