Help in Motion and Soundtrack

Posted by Steve Douglas 
Help in Motion and Soundtrack
August 09, 2009 04:49PM
FCS 3 recently installed. Went to the Soundtrack Pro Help menu but a message comes up saying that it requires Javascript which, if not enabled, I would not be able to see content. Didn't know the installation had disconnected it but anyone know how to get things right again?
thanks,
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
Re: Help in Motion and Soundtrack
August 09, 2009 10:08PM
Could the content be a reference to web help articles? Your installation has nothing to do with the web help.
August 10, 2009 11:04AM
No, since FC no longer comes with manuals, I don't believe it has anything to do with web articles. I called Ken Stone and he opened Motion and went to Motion Help and it opened just fine. I just get the Java Script required message.
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
August 10, 2009 12:19PM
Ok, here's what I had to do just in case anyone else comes up with the same issue. I called Apple Support and he had me open up the Terminal in the Utilities folder. He then emailed me this:

defaults write com.apple.helpviewer WebKitJavaScriptEnabled -bool yes

which I copied and pasted in the terminal window. Now all is well. I asked him where and how he got this info and he just said it was from a friend he works with and didn't know where the doc could be found. He said I was the 2nd individual with this issue.

Steve

steve-sharksdelight
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics