CalDigit Sata Express Card + G-Tech GRAID 3 + ProRes422HQ?

Posted by makkystyle 
CalDigit Sata Express Card + G-Tech GRAID 3 + ProRes422HQ?
August 12, 2009 09:26AM
I am about to purchase the CalDigit Fasta-1ex eSata Express Card for my MacBook Pro (Unibody 2.66) and pair it with the G-Tech GRAID3 2TB for use doing some location editing of ProRes 422 HQ footage (1920x1080).

Anybody have any experience with this hardware combo? I'm not expecting to get anything more than 2 streams moving at the same time (if that), but I wanted to see if anyone had some real-world experience just in case I will be having a hard time getting even one going.

Thanks,

Todd
Re: CalDigit Sata Express Card + G-Tech GRAID 3 + ProRes422HQ?
August 12, 2009 12:05PM
I know not exactly the same hardware wise, but theory wise similar. On a MacbookPro 2.5 last gen. and using the standard PCIe Sonnet esata card, with (2) 3tb Graid3. Im cutting in proreshq 1080p 23.98.

I'm getting a minimum of 2, but have gotten up to 4 RT streams, depending on the effects and the amount of audio streams in the cut.

My Kona system test has me at speeds of at minimum 90mb/s range with 25% capacity left on the drives. The sonnet pro card I borrowed for a while was giving me 140-150mb/s. Not too shabby.
August 12, 2009 12:34PM

On a MacbookPro 2.5 last gen. and using the standard PCIe Sonnet esata card

You can't use a PCIe card with a laptop. Physically impossible.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

August 12, 2009 01:57PM
Details details... Express 34...... winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics