FCEX to idvd

Posted by Steve Moore 
FCEX to idvd
August 24, 2009 02:08PM
Hi guys this is mt first post and it may not be the proper forum but I need some help. Just finished my first large project in FCEX and wanted to burn it using idvd. Followed all directions and find that 1:34 mins. of audio does not burn. Tried editing the project down with the same results. The project is 54 mins long and I used chaptermarker for the first time as well. Have I missed something HELP!!
Re: FCEX to idvd
August 24, 2009 02:18PM
before your burn, does all of your audio play in the idvd preview?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
August 24, 2009 02:48PM
yes all audio is there--my guess is that the problem lays between leaving FCEX and burning in idvd
August 24, 2009 02:49PM
Did you mixdown the audio before you exported? Did you export to QuickTime Movie?
August 24, 2009 03:42PM
Not sure what you mean by mixdown, if it didn't happen automatically then it did not happen--I exported it using quicktime/self-contained movie with chapter markers. Again this is the largest thing I have done and the first time with chapter marks so I followed directions from a paper by Ken Stone.
August 24, 2009 03:54PM
Final Cut Pro has a render process called Audio Mixdown (OPTION-APPLE-R) designed to optimize the audio to prevent issues like this. Not sure if Final Cut Express has it, but if it does, it is an essential, non-negotiable step before exporting.

www.derekmok.com
August 24, 2009 03:56PM
It does. As Derek said it must be done from the Sequence>Render Only or Cmd-Opt-R before export.
August 24, 2009 04:16PM
Thanks... let me do a little seaching..this is a great tool..thanks for helping a little guy who only has FCEX sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics