Customizing Final Cut Studio Blu-ray Disc Templates

Posted by Andy Mees 
Customizing Final Cut Studio Blu-ray Disc Templates
August 19, 2009 06:38PM
Re: Customizing Final Cut Studio Blu-ray Disc Templates
August 19, 2009 06:54PM
Well ain't that cool. Thanks Andy. Guess we should put this in the sticky for now.

Michael Horton
-------------------
August 19, 2009 06:55PM
From the Article
Please note that modifications to the settings described herein could result in a disc that
is not Blu-ray Disc? compliant. Successful playback on a particular Blu-ray disc player
does not guarantee that your disc complies with the standard or will play on all players.
Wow.
That's not going to be any fun at all.
I mean I like the idea of being able to hand off an "HD" DVD disk to a client, even if they couldn't tell the difference from a regular DVD, but that's just going to be a mess.
There will be a lot of coasters burned in the next little while.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
August 19, 2009 07:23PM
I dont think so. Most of the Blu-ray movies I play on my playstation have almost those same words come up before it plays.

Michael Horton
-------------------
August 20, 2009 05:43PM
Template previews, menus and buttons are implemented using Quartz Composition files. These can be created and edited with Quartz Composer - which is also used to edit and create plugins for FxFactory (FxFactory is a way for Final Cut, Motion and After Effects to incorporate Quartz Composition files - exposing composition inputs as inputs within each app).

In practice most people will take an existing 'MainMenu.qtz' or 'ChapterIndexMenu.qtz' in a BluRay template and use Quartz Composer to replace the graphics with new pngs and tifs

Seeing as I thought Apple were going to bundle FxFactory and make Quartz Composer the replacement for LiveType and FxScript, this is a sign that we're on the way there.

For documents on how to modify and create the menus and buttons used in BluRay disc templates, visit another page on Apple's developer site: The Quartz Composer reference library...

[developer.apple.com]

By the way, Quartz Composer may not require programming in a traditional sense, but I would say it is more difficult to learn than FxScript. It is a great replacement for Flash though! winking smiley

Alex

alex4d on twitter, facebook, .wordpress.com + .com
August 31, 2009 11:09AM
Does anyone know how to pass data between the menu side of things and the quartz composer side of things. Essentially, the layout of the UI appears to be conrolled by the quartz composer. The buttons and their associated commands appear to be controlled by the project.plist. I'd like to be able to create new buttons that can send data to one of the quartz composer side's published inputs but I'm having trouble finding an example of how to do this. I suspect that using a GPR might be the way to go but my attempts at this haven't been fruitful.

Thanks,
Bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics