Want to buy Mac System for HD Digital Film Editing

Posted by Rehman19 
Want to buy Mac System for HD Digital Film Editing
August 31, 2009 01:36AM
hello everyone, Recently, i've bought a Sony PMW EX3 XDCAM to shoot my feature film. I'm wondering that after finishing shooting 24P HD, I will start Editing. So for buying An editing MAC Setup, what are the good specifications/configuration that will suite my Camcorder and Film Project. And can anyone guide me please that what are the necessary things to buy with an Apple Mac Pro or Power Mac G5 to establish a complete editing setup. Thanks in advance for your help and guidelines.
Re: Want to buy Mac System for HD Digital Film Editing
August 31, 2009 08:50AM
Don't get a G5- the current version of FCP no longer supports it. Get a Mac Pro- fastest you can afford with plenty of hard drive space.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
August 31, 2009 04:17PM
Ok, thanks for your help, i've heard about the Mac Pro, so as i asked in the first enquiry, could u please tell me that what should be the configuration about Proccessor, RAM, Video Editing Card and other necessary parts for the editing of a feature film shot on the Sony PMW EX3 XDCAM. if you can hilight on this matter, so it might be easy for me to buy MacPro with right confirguration and faster results.
thanks
August 31, 2009 04:27PM
You really need to consult a value added retailer or a post consultant in your area, because there are a lot of factors and some of the details can be quite sensitive- budget, scale of production, how do you plan to finish the film, what kind of deliverables, etc...

In some cases, purchasing a fairly inexpensive "offline" suite for a one off project, and bringing it to online at a proper facility could be more cost efficient.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics