HDV Capture Problems

Posted by Alex13 
HDV Capture Problems
September 04, 2009 06:11PM
I am trying to capture some HDV tapes from a JVC GY-HD110. For some reason FCP keeps breaking my tapes up into clips where I need one continuous clip. It doesn't just do this when I actually cut the camera, it will create new clips in the middle of a continuous shot. I cannot paste these clips together, as there are seconds missing between them. For some reason FCP won't let me treat the camera as a non-controllable device and capture HDV. In user preferences I unchecked "abort capture" on dropped frames and I changed "On timecode break:" from "make a new clip" to "warn after capture". Now it aborts the capture every few minutes saying, "Capture was aborted due to a problem in the incoming stream. This might be a problem with the tape." The tape plays back perfectly in the camera. Any suggestions as to how I can get FCP to capture an entire HDV tape without aborting or making new clips?
Re: HDV Capture Problems
September 04, 2009 06:17PM
I am using FCP 6.06 on Mac OSX 10.4.11
September 07, 2009 08:32AM
Hi
I had similar problem
helped somethingsmiling smiley
September 07, 2009 04:05PM
How did you fix your problem?
September 08, 2009 11:54AM
Try this Under Final Cut Pro, go down to Easy Setup, then for Format HDV for Rate All Rates,
for USE will depend on the rate I shot the footage so let's say if I shot@30, then I will USE HDV-1080p30 firewire basic.

I shoot using a Canon HV30. Every time I start shooting then stop I will get a individual clip for each start & stop, of the footage I shot. It makes it easier to edit.

Hope this helps.

FCS2 FC6.0.6 Mac OS 10.5.8

Russ Andris
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics