Video stretched out?

Posted by dwaddsy 
Video stretched out?
September 09, 2009 07:26PM
Hello everyone,

I am very new to FCP and I do not have the manual but this question is i believe a quick fix. If someone doesnt mind walking me through the steps on how to correct this?

Two of the scenes in the video are new footage which was shot in widescreen 16:9 and the other footage Im not sure but it was already edited so i just added it (thats the scene with the guy in the tshirt in the laundromat) but that part is also stretched too!

I believe the video is in 4:3 aspect ratio since someone told me that. Question is how to i fix this when i go back into final cut pro 5?

here is the video [www.davidmate.com]

thank you
David
Re: Video stretched out?
September 09, 2009 07:28PM

I am very new to FCP and I do not have the manual

First of all, yes you do, it's under the "Help" menu.

And second, how did you come into possession of the software and somehow not also get the manuals?

September 09, 2009 07:43PM
hi Jeff, thanks for the manual advice. can anyone help me figure out how to do this? Im guessing its an exporting or compressing thing?

I got the program with the computer i bought second hand since you were curious to know.......
September 09, 2009 08:50PM
In Compressor or Episode Pro it looks like you need to set this to 16 X 9 and you should be all set. Decent quality, loads fairly quickly.

Start reading up on the settings available to you.

- Loren

Today's FCP keytip:

Enable timeline A/V links with Shift-L !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics