ATI Radeon 9600 Pro PC & Mac Edition 256

Posted by EMC 
EMC
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro PC & Mac Edition 256
June 22, 2006 12:05AM
Anyone had success running FCS with the above video card? Just upgraded from GeForce 5200 & everything's crashing (FCP, Motion, DVDSP simulator). Running G5 2G DP with 2.5G Ram, OS 10.4.4. Everything was running fine until I changed cards. Tried trashing pref's, deleting ATI drivers, zapping PRAM etc. Any suggestions welcome.
Re: ATI Radeon 9600 Pro PC & Mac Edition 256
June 22, 2006 08:16AM
WELL, swap the old one back into your G5! Could be a DOA video card, NO?
EMC
Re: ATI Radeon 9600 Pro PC & Mac Edition 256
June 22, 2006 01:13PM
Thanks John. That's what i ended up doing and everythings works the way it was. Just to clarify, the card was not DOA; My 23" ACD works and other App's like Safari seem to fine, but the FCS App's were freezing/crashing. Perhaps I have a faulty card. Apple lists the "Radeon 9600 Pro" as being approved for FCS and the Motion graphics card tester say's fine. I know there was an earlier 9600 Pro w/128mb VRam that either came with or was an upgrade option on the 2G DP G5's. The Apple site doesn't specificially say "Radeon 9600 Pro PC & Mac", which is a later version with 256mb VRam, so perhaps it's not qualified after all. Those looking for a reasonably priced interim video card upgrade while waiting for the Intel Mac Pro's should probably avoid this card for now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics