Favourites from FCP-HD in Vers 5?
June 22, 2006 01:18PM
Is it possible to bring or import the Favourites from FCP-HD into FCS 5? I had a large collection of Favourite Audio and Image effects that I had created and saved in my Favourites folders, I'd like to use them again.
Is there a way of importing them? I have backups of the Prefs files but don't know which file holds the favourites (POA or 4.5 Prefs) nor how to bring them into vers 5 without confusing FCS. Anyone know?
Re: Favourites from FCP-HD in Vers 5?
June 22, 2006 01:26PM
> Is there a way of importing them? I have backups of the Prefs files but don't
> know which file holds the favourites (POA or 4.5 Prefs) nor how to bring
> them into vers 5 without confusing FCS. Anyone know?

Don't mess with preferences. Instead, copy everything in the Favorites bin (Effects tab) into a bin in a project file. Save that project file, and then open it with FCP5.

It's better to keep effects in a bin in your project file anyway rather than the Favorites bin. Favorites bin objects disappear every time you dump preferences, can disappear without warning, and you can't keep clips or Generator objects (for example, non-filter widescreen mattes) in it.
Re: Favourites from FCP-HD in Vers 5?
June 23, 2006 11:42AM
Thank you, I'll have a go at this. In the past I've been able to keep them easily but forgot to do what you are suggesting, before I upgraded. Just forgot.
Luckily I have a set saved on another machine that still runs 4.5 - I'll Save them into a Project and bring it back in to 5.1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics