"Make Multiclip Sequence" seems to have changed

Posted by chrisrash 
"Make Multiclip Sequence" seems to have changed
October 02, 2009 02:09PM
So in FCP 6, when selecting a bunch of clips in the browser and selecting "Make Multiclip Sequence", it would create the sequence and stack the clips from difference cameras, which occurred at the same time, and changed the sequence timecode according to what the camera timecode was. This was an easy way to see which clips would eventually be made into multiclips, as well as a good way to make a split screen in the timeline to export as a quicktime that could be used by loggers, writers, producers etc. (We're talking reality TV here)

Now, if FCP7, it doesn't really do that anymore. Instead of stacking the individual camera angles in the timeline, Final Cut seems to be creating multiclips and laying the multiclips in the timeline. The stacks of clips are no longer there.

Since Final Cut is now doing what the command, "Make Multiclip Sequence" says, I guess this is a "glitch" that they've "fixed". Well, I want my stacks back. Is there another way to do this without having to manually place each clip in the timeline according to its timecode?
Re: "Make Multiclip Sequence" seems to have changed
October 03, 2009 08:56AM
Have a look at my free sequenceLiner (10.5 only)

Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics