Freezing on export

Posted by starvideo 
Freezing on export
October 07, 2009 12:55PM
I posted this back in September with no replies. So here it is again. I apologize for the re-posting, but my work flow is severely limited by not being able to output to tape.

I'm pretty sure this has been covered, but a search yielded no results and neither did the FAQ Wiki, so bear with me, please.

I'm trying to export to my DVCAM deck to make a tape copy. Yesterday, I had problems with the audio, but I kept playing with the settings and finally got that straightened out. But I'm still not able to get the video to play.

When I place the playhead on the timeline, the picture appears on my TV monitor. But when I hit the spacebar, it just sits there at that spot, but plays correctly in the canvas window.

My sequence settings are 640x480 NTSC (4:3) since it's a standard def project.
Compressor is DV/DVCPRO - NTSC

My audio/video settings are:

Sequence preset: DV NTSC 48 kHz
Device control preset: FireWire NTSC

Under the View tab, External video is set to all frames

I tried a different firewire cable with the same result. I am able to play other things on this tape with this deck and TV monitor so that's not the issue.

I tried rebooting, etc. Nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?
Re: Freezing on export
October 07, 2009 01:02PM
First off, your settings are wrong to begin with -- DV NTSC is 720x480, not 640x480.

Did you render? Is your Canvas display set to Fit to Window or smaller?

What are your Device Control settings? Sequence Settings? Don't just look at the preset list -- go into the preset parameters and list what you see there. Sequence Presets also don't mean anything -- you need to check the actual Sequence Settings (APPLE-0) of the timeline you're outputting from.

www.derekmok.com
October 07, 2009 01:37PM
First off, your settings are wrong to begin with -- DV NTSC is 720x480, not 640x480.

Well, that's what it says on the pull-down option under sequence settings for NTSC. I didn't come up with that, Final Cut has it at that.

Did you render? Is your Canvas display set to Fit to Window or smaller?

I did render. My canvas display is set at 100%, but I don't understand what that has to do with it.

What are your Device Control settings? Sequence Settings? Don't just look at the preset list -- go into the preset parameters and list what you see there. Sequence Presets also don't mean anything -- you need to check the actual Sequence Settings (APPLE-0) of the timeline you're outputting from.

I thought I put those settings in the original post, but I'm going to assume that I didn't do it right or I didn't give you enough info, so here goes.

Device control settings: Fire Wire NTSC; Protocol Apple FireWire; Time Source: DV Time; Frame rate: 29.97; Default Timecode: Drop Frame

Sequence Settings: Frame size: 640x480 Aspect ratio NTSC (4:3); Pixel Aspect Ratio: NTSC - CCIR 601/DV720x480; Field Dominance: Lower (Even); QuickTime Video Settings: Compressor: DV/DVCPRO-NTSC; Quality 100%; Audio Settings - Rate: 48kHz; Depth 16-bit; Config: Default
October 07, 2009 01:41PM
Hi, again, Derek:

Okay, I changed the sequence settings to the 720 x 480 choice (3:3 instead of 4:3) and that did the trick.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics