Primatte Keyer Pro rendering Motion project incorrectly

Posted by MitchellRose 
Primatte Keyer Pro rendering Motion project incorrectly
October 17, 2009 07:12PM
I've been making Motion projects that use Primatte Keyer Pro, and placing them in the FCP timeline. When I'm rendering them in FCP, but since I got a new monitor, the Primatte portion of the project looks like it's gone through a pasta slicer. Here's the deal:

I've been using a 20" 1680 X 1050 monitor and everything's been fine.

Yesterday I added a Dell SP2309W 23" monitor with a resolution of 2048 x 1152. Since then Primatte Keyer Pro applied in Motion projects have this spaghetti error in the FCP timeline. (It looks fine when the playhead is parked over the project -- it only messes up when it renders.)

When I switched back to the old monitor, it worked fine. Either monitor works -- they just both can't be on at the same time.

It will work if I switch my Video Processing setting in FCP to either:

Always render in RGB, or
Render in 8-bit YUV

It will not work in either:

Render 10-bit material in high-precision YUV, or
Render all YUV material in high-precision YUV

I have a two-year old Mac Pro with a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, with 256MB of VRAM.

Do I need a larger graphics card? Or would you suspect there's something wrong with Primatte Keyer Pro plugin?

Thanks very much.

Mitchell Rose
[www.mitchellrose.com]
Re: Primatte Keyer Pro rendering Motion project incorrectly
October 17, 2009 11:41PM
It sure sounds like the graphics card can't handle powering up both monitors and rendering in floating point precision at the same time. I'm kind of curious... what happens if you export from Motion?

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics