Minimum size for on-screen disclaimer?

Posted by Jeff Harrell 
Minimum size for on-screen disclaimer?
November 11, 2009 01:18PM
I'm asking this question for a friend, who has a client. This client wants to see (for whatever reason) the FCC rule regarding the minimum size of an on-screen disclaimer. Now, I know (in the same sense that I know I put my keys on the table when I came home) that the answer is 4% of active picture lines, or 20 scan lines tall for NTSC. But I can't for the life of me remember where I learned that, nor can I google up an authoritative source for it.

Any of you folks know where I can get some definitive-ish information on this?

Re: Minimum size for on-screen disclaimer?
November 11, 2009 02:08PM
Is there really such a rule from the FCC? If the FCC had one it would be overruled by whichever station or network or distributor was releasing the content, wouldn't it?

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
Re: Minimum size for on-screen disclaimer?
November 11, 2009 07:56PM
There are rules about this - minimum font sizes, time on screen, no distracting influences on screen at the same time, but it's pretty unclear really. There's a thread on the Cow here [forums.creativecow.net]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics