cineform codek, smoothcam filter

Posted by bigAL 
cineform codek, smoothcam filter
December 03, 2009 09:38PM
Working on a mac pro with a 2 x 2.63 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon processor(s). 16 GB 667 MHz DDR2 RAM. Running Snow Leopard OS, FCP version 6.06. Seagate FreeAgent Desk 2TB external HD. I am helping finish a project in FCP that was shot on the cannon 5D mark 2. The footage was compressed in NeoScene using the CineForm HD/2K/4K compressor. The resolution is 1920 x 1080 at 30 fps. (all clip and sequence settings match) A fair amount of clips on the timeline have the smooth-cam filter applied and some of the stills have been given basic motion. I am having problems rendering, when most of the footage is rendered other parts will become un-rendered. If I try rendering the entire sequence (which is over an hour) by the end it gives me the 'out of memory' notification. I know the codec still has some RT playback issues, choppy etc. but the project was already converted and 80% finished before I started working on it, so I'm kinda stuck with it. I have also broken the project into 4 separate projects, to take some stress off the computer, this helped but some of the un-rendering issues continue (usually on smooth-cam clips) after I start making changes to other clips. I've tried wiping the preferences and render files with no change, any suggestions? (besides not using that codec again anytime soon)

thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics