Audio "memory"

Posted by stnettleton 
Audio "memory"
December 08, 2009 12:35AM
Has anyone figured out the cause of the bug that sometimes causes audio tracks to play awry? As in still playing audio tracks that have been deleted from the timeline or playing segments of the tracks that don't correspond to the in and out points you've specified? This thread was discussing it before:

[www.lafcpug.org]

Is there any other solution than flushing the renders? This has been driving me crazy... rearing its ugly head during a pricey playing out to tape. Thanks.

I'm on fcp 7.0.1/OS 10.6.2 but this was around when I was on fcp 6/OS 10.5.8 as well.
Re: Audio "memory"
December 08, 2009 12:53AM
It's a problem with audio render files. Switching to only Audio Mixdown (OPTION-APPLE-R) to render audio gets rid of most of it, but not all. A preference dump is the only sure way to get rid of the symptoms. You can also force those render files to reset by just turning off and back on all audio clips at the problematic part of the playback using Clip Enable/Disable (CONTROL-B). In bad cases, you may have to use Make Media Offline (SHIFT-D).

The most common cause of this problem that I can see is when you lock one audio clip while shifting others around. The locked clip retains bad render files, causing the other clips to play wrong.

For tape outputs, you should check the audio to make sure it's all good, then export a self-contained full-quality movie file. Otherwise you could be going round and round with audio glitches.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics