MULTICAM in FCP5 - jpeg to dvcprohd bug

Posted by Patrick Mullen 
MULTICAM in FCP5 - jpeg to dvcprohd bug
December 17, 2009 04:08PM
Greetings!!

I've tried transcoding 1280x720 30p (jpeg) to 1280x720 (960x720) 29.97 (dvcprohd). Compressor will not change the non-drop frame footage to drop frame. That is, unless I'm doing something wrong- which is entirely possible. Final cut says the newly transcoded footage is 30p and not 29.97..

Actually, I'm transcoding to DVCPROHD 720p60 with a frame rate of 29.97 (960x720), as there is no option to go to DVCPROHD 720p30. I assume the former is the standard that DVCPROHD uses.

Those issues aside, compressor (although I'm telling it to transcode to a drop frame format) will not give me the frame rate I'm telling it to encode to; thus, I cannot edit multicam style in fcp5.

Any suggestions???

Thanks all,
Patrick
Re: MULTICAM in FCP5 - jpeg to dvcprohd bug
December 18, 2009 03:18PM
Well... I believe I've found the answer to my question by myself.. Doesn't that always feel better?

When trying to change the frame rate (at least in this situation), you must enable "frame controls." That is, set them to "custom." I didn't change any setting in that tab except for the "retiming control." I changed this setting to "fast- nearest frame."

Worked like a champ... 30fps to 29.97fps...

There you go... well, there I go...

Patrick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics