Export to SxS File Format

Posted by schnittman 
Export to SxS File Format
December 23, 2009 09:51PM
Here's an odd request.

I need to create a teaching module to instruct students on how to import media from SxS cards. I've got an FCP project, with a number of large clips and subclips that, once imported, the students will use as an editing exercise.

Is there some way to export the clips (sub-clips would be best, but I'll take what I can get) to the XDCam EX file structure, with BPAV folders and the like. The clips are from 4 - 8 Gigs, which is a problem right there. They are also in stereo audio, which might be another (FCP seems to like mono for export).

Sony Transfer doesn't seem to help, though I might not be looking in the right place.

Bottom line is I'd like to get the XDCam file structure, just like it would look after import from the SxS card.

Any suggestions?

Norman Hollyn
Re: Export to SxS File Format
December 24, 2009 09:02AM
December 27, 2009 12:11AM
Doesn't exactly work for me because of what I mentioned in my first post -- my audio is stereo. I can't even get to the point to see whether it creates the BPAV structure, over and above the MP4.
December 27, 2009 01:51AM
Doesn't exactly work for me because of what I mentioned in my first post -- my audio is stereo.

Sorry you don't get that choice. If you want XDCAM the channels must be exported as mono. Stereo is all about phase relationship and location perception in the sound field. Two mono channels can become ganged/linked as stereo in the NLE. It's the way the format works.

I can't even get to the point to see whether it creates the BPAV structure, over and above the MP4.

There is no BPAV structure at that point. Import the XDCAM EX MP4 in ClipBrowser and it creates the BPAV structure.

Keep in mind if the file is more than 4GB it can't go back onto an SXS card either. The cards are formatted FAT32 so that's the limit as far as the cards are concerned. Burning to other media is fine though.

It works the way Sony has decreed it to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics