Re: 720p25 to 720p50 conversion

Posted by strypes 
January 05, 2010 02:28PM
Hey guys, I have some footage that was acquired in DvcproHD 720p25. I'm trying to get it to go out to digital beta through a BMD Decklink Extreme HD card which only lets me do it if I convert it to 720p50.

Theoretically it is simple- repeat every frame, and retime/convert the QT movie so it plays out at 50fps. Compressor does it, but I'm wondering if there's a faster way which doesn't require rendering.

www.strypesinpost.com
January 05, 2010 04:17PM
Export from QT.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

January 05, 2010 05:41PM
>Export from QT.

Doesn't work. It's still coming out as 25 fps, even if I set it to 50 fps in the export options.

However, I just tested out JES Deinterlacer, and it does it quicker than Compressor (without setting up Quick Clusters). What's interesting, is that if I choose "Direct write", it's actually slower than using the "Export" option (the direct write option does it around real time, export which uses the Quicktime library will process at about 30 plus frames a second, which is marginally faster than real time). But I'm doing the test straight off the system drive (and a fairly slow one). Ran both results against a differential matte and FCP tells me it's a perfect copy.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics