Camera w/line Input or better

Posted by amateur 
Camera w/line Input or better
January 13, 2010 02:35PM
I hope it's alright to post this here as I use FCP for editing. I know it's more Camera Based so please feel free to move or delete if I've posted this and it's not allowed.

Right Now:
Currently taking a video feed (Composite) of an overhead projector (while Power Point slides are being displayed) and recording it to Mini DV tape through the "VCR" mode on a Canon XL1s. Then transferring it into FCP to edit.

Would Like:
I'd like to find a camera (Flash, Hard Drive, etc) that would allow me to do the above, but then just drag and drop the digital file over to my Apple and FCP. OR even a digital recorder (DVR) would work to....trying to keep it simple and reliable.

Problem:
Can't find a camera (other than JVC Everio G) that offers an AV input.
I'm looking for a good recommendation of either a camera or a better way to do this. Problem is, I'd like to stay at or under $500 for hardware. I know the JVC is almost $500...might be my only possibility. I've also thought about dedicating a stand alone PC for just this purpose, but again would need some input on capture cards, etc for this.

Thanks a ton!
Re: Camera w/line Input or better
January 13, 2010 08:11PM
you could try the miglia directors cut that converts component in to firewire and then capture directly into FCP and skip the whole need for a camera
January 14, 2010 04:07AM
yeah, i was about to suggest something similar.

i haven't used the Miglia Directors Cut,
but i seem to recall hearing some not great reports.

Canopus make similar products with better reputations.
look for the Canopus advc110.

if you wanted to spend some more money there are products that will give you better codecs than DV.

this: [www.motu.com] looks interesting

nick
January 14, 2010 10:57AM
www.SamAsh.com

(Oops - thought you were looking for an audio solution, re-read your post and saw you were looking for a video device.)

You could use this: www.elgato.com

Travis
VoiceOver Guy and Entertainment Technology Enthusiast
[www.VOTalent.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics