urgent help needed

Posted by fah q 
urgent help needed
January 17, 2010 01:32AM
hey evrybody, i recently purchased a canon hf200 hd camcorder, and i recorded some footage and would like to upload it to my mac os x 3.06 ghz intel core 2 duo etc. i would like to use this footage along with final cut pro 6.0.1. The problem that i am encountering is that the camera uses sd memory cards and my mac doesnt seem to locate the footage or clips or it doesnt read them. the camera comes with some software that is meant for windows only.. any suggestions on how to upload these clips onto my mac??? your ans and suggestions are greatly appreciated. thank you
Re: urgent help needed
January 17, 2010 01:45AM
I own a similar model (Canon HF S10) and on that one, you leave the SD card in the camera and hook up the camera to the computer via a USB cable. Then you have to go into playback mode and it should mount on the computer as if it were a drive, allowing you to copy the AVCHD files to a drive before Log and Transfer. Check the manual.

www.derekmok.com
January 17, 2010 03:53AM
thank you derekmok, i have tried that and i seems to have located the footage i jus cant seem to get it onto my mac yet i might be doing something wrong with the transfer part. but thanks for your help
January 17, 2010 04:02AM
To be more specific the error sign that i am getting now says error: no data... i am not sure on wat to do here.. any suggestions??
January 17, 2010 04:04AM
i am on the logging and transfer page btw and when i add the footage to the queue i get the error message above...im not sure wat to do from there...i would appreciate the help thank you
January 17, 2010 07:48AM
Did you "copy the AVCHD files to a drive before Log and Transfer"?

January 17, 2010 02:01PM
I also have a Canon HF S10. You don't need Log & Transfer to get the files from the camera to your Mac....but you do need it to transcode them from AVCHD to ProRes. I copy the card to my hard drive and transcode from there (it's faster).

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

January 17, 2010 11:02PM
i did copy them to my mac hd,....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics