Sync audio with slow motion video

Posted by mhmusic 
Sync audio with slow motion video
January 21, 2010 03:16PM
I want to edit a music video using this popular technique, but I don't know how to do it? I want the singer to appear he's singing at the same tempo as the song at normal speed, but body movements, environment, and extras to be moving in slow motion. Is this an editing technique or are these video simply shot at a higher frame rate and slowed back down to normal song-speed?

Thanks for anyone's input on this.
Re: Sync audio with slow motion video
January 21, 2010 06:43PM
If you want the people in the background to move at a distinctly different pace you might be better off shooting your main actor on a green screen and inserting him over the background. In this way, you can shoot him syncing normally, and just slow mo the background. This is different to the technique where everyone moves slowly but is synching with the music.

January 21, 2010 07:55PM
Take a look at this tutorial video:

[is.gd]

Is this the kind of effect you're looking for?

deb
January 23, 2010 06:01AM
Thanks for your posts on this. Debe your link did the trick. Here are the cliff notes so future forum readers don't have to watch the 10 minute video tutorial:

Speed song audio up to 200%. Shoot talent performing & singing song at the faster speed. Shoot camera speed double frame rate OR slow normal frame rate footage to 50% in FCP to sync audio.

The one thing the tuturial debe sent me didn't point out was that if you shoot more normal-speed people/action in your frame next to your double-speed-singing singer, the more dramatic the effect.

Not a hard trick. Thanks again for the quick responses.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics