Motion Tab Skews When Making Keyframes

Posted by EntityMedia 
Motion Tab Skews When Making Keyframes
February 01, 2010 01:00PM
Hello,

I've noticed in the past that while making any sort of keyframes on the SCALE of a clip, for some reason it shifts the timeline in the canvas over a little bit to the right. It's an easy fix - either double click on the clip again, or bounce over to the filters tab and then back to motion, but either way should it be doing this? Am I the only one experiencing it?

I've attached a couple screen captures of what's happening. I'm I alone in this, or does everyone else have the same issue?

Screen Capture A

Screen Capture B

-Chris
Re: Motion Tab Skews When Making Keyframes
February 01, 2010 01:29PM
Are you talking about the shift in the keyframe graph in the Motion tab of the Viewer as seen in screen grab B? I wouldn't worry about it. It's just a display problem. If you talking about something else render your material first and then look at it.
February 01, 2010 02:23PM
Yes, the skewed keyframe graph in the viewer was what I was referring to. I realize it's not a problem, but my original question was am I the only one seeing it. Is it an issue with my display, or a bug in FCP? Simply double-clicking the clip again or switching to another tab and coming back fixes it but is this a problem that is isolated to my setup, or should this be sent to Apple's attention so that it could possibly get fixed?
February 01, 2010 02:30PM
Yeah it's a bug in FCP that's been there as long as I've been using it (since version 5). It's incredible they haven't fixed it...

NickScale

Mac Pro 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
6 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
OSX 10.6.4, FCP 7.0.2
February 01, 2010 03:42PM
Yeah it's been there so long I've forgotten it. I hit shift-Z to straighten it out and shrink/stretch the clip to fill the available space and line everything up.

Submit that Bug report!

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
February 01, 2010 03:53PM
Oh, that old thing...

This is a case where some Avid diehards were right. There are some problems in FCP that have been there so long that we don't even notice them anymore. The workarounds become standard.

I think in this case they should add an extra tab to the Viewer. I don't do effects that are as complicated as some people in here, and I have never needed that "mini-timeline". I just use the main Timeline window to see where I am.

www.derekmok.com
February 01, 2010 04:05PM
Okay, at least it's not just me. I'll submit a bug report. Thanks everyone.
February 01, 2010 06:24PM
Ahh - no - don't lose the mini timeline! Number transfer will become a nightmare. Well, *more* of a nightmare.

February 01, 2010 06:38PM
> Ahh - no - don't lose the mini timeline!

Oh, I'm not arguing for losing it. I'm arguing for giving it some space...and making it so it doesn't "warp" like an episode of Twilight Zone. I'm thinking a larger interface in a separate window, such as Avid's EQ audio window, may make it easier to navigate. Or, a button in the pre-existing space you can click so it opens up into a large window.

www.derekmok.com
February 01, 2010 07:10PM
OK yes. I vote for that too.

February 02, 2010 07:58AM
This is one of my peeves, it's really a lazy screen refresh issue, seems much less apparent on faster hardware.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Invoke Big Timecode window with Control-T!

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
February 02, 2010 02:38PM
I wonder if it's depended on the graphics card?

Chi-Ho Lee
Film & Television Editor
Apple Certified Final Cut Pro Instructor
February 02, 2010 05:08PM
>seems much less apparent on faster hardware.

Nah, I've seen it on G5s and MacPros. It's been around for eons.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics