bestbuy westinghouse 1080p lcd's? anyone?

Posted by AdamB 
bestbuy westinghouse 1080p lcd's? anyone?
July 07, 2006 05:23PM
Anyone have any comments on one of these guys? Could be a cool UI display possibly. Havn't had a chance to actually go take a powerbook down to bestbuy and see how it looks.

heres the link

[www.bestbuy.com]
Re: bestbuy westinghouse 1080p lcd's? anyone?
July 07, 2006 06:06PM
depends on what you want to use it for? this is a TV that has a VGA input - its NOT a computer monitor.

i have a similar samsung hdtv that does indeed work as a 1024x768 computer rmonitor as well - but like this one, its not intended to be a workhorse computer monitor...
July 07, 2006 06:33PM
another hint when buying any kind of monitors or tvs - NEVER buy one from specs alone and NEVER sight unseen. go into the store and look at it. find out what signal its being fed and how?

the only reason i bought mine is that i was in the store and the samsung kicked the living snot out of every other display on the shelf. and it fulfilled a couple of needs in my workflow.
July 08, 2006 02:10AM
ya, watch out with tv's i was looking into the same, and yes u get a big monitor, but it's not the greatest quality, 1080 is nice, but look at resolution compared to a similer size monitor (like the apples though pricythe resolution on a similer size is sooooo much bigger)

i ended up going with a viewsonic, but my budget was much less,

Amateur Teacher
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics