Media Manager and Speed FX

Posted by apmende 
Media Manager and Speed FX
March 06, 2010 04:46PM
I just starting using media manager again so it's been a while. We are working with over 5 tbs of footage so when we finish the project and deliver a drive to the client, we only need the sequence media.

That said, when media managing the sequence, I have encountered a lot of problems with speed fx. Just so you know, none of the footage has reel names. They are p2 transfers so they were never on tape/digitized.

Is there some speed setting I could use so they transfer correctly. Should I make export QT movies of the QT clips into the timeline and then cut them back in so that FCP references one QT movie instead of trying to apply the speed FX on the transfer?
Re: Media Manager and Speed FX
March 06, 2010 07:49PM
What version of FCP are you using, and what kind of problems with speed effects. In general, I haven't actually had much problems with speed effects and MM for quite a while.

> Just so you know, none of the footage has reel names. They are p2 transfers so they were never
>on tape/digitized.

P2 material if properly captured and ingested, has reel names, timecode and clip ID.

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: Media Manager and Speed FX
March 08, 2010 01:06AM
what's happening is a clip that has a speed fx on it will not come in as a full clip after it has been media managed. In other words, if it filled 3 secs in the timeline, it will now fill one second and the other 2 seconds will not be there. I don't know if the p2 transfers where done correctly but the clips do carry timecode but no reel number so I take it the person that originally transferred it did not input that info. I am using version 6.06 of final cut pro. The work around I have been using is to export the clip with the speed fx as a qt movie with the same as sequence settings and then cutting it in manually. This does the trick but as you can see is very tedious.

thanks for your input.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics