XDCam EXand JVC H-100

Posted by chazzarnie 
XDCam EXand JVC H-100
April 05, 2010 03:46AM
Hi Folks
I have been trying to figure out what is happening with the JVC H-100 camera and Quicktime.
I recently went on a shoot to Senegal and chose the H-100 JVC camera as a handy tool for shooting on the street and in markets etc. Before I left, I tested this on my G5 Dual 2.5 Ghz Mac with FCP Studio2 (System 10.4.11) and everything worked fine. To copy the files from the SDHC disks, I took along my old TiBook (10.4.11) with QT (7.6.4). This machine played the files back at about 6 fps, this was fine just to check the shots were there. Each day I backed up onto 2 G Drives. The producer took one and I took the other back home to edit. She has the latest MacBook Pro core duo with Snow Leopard. She only wanted to look and log the shots in QT but has been unable to do this as no pictures are displayed. I installed QT Pro and the Mpeg2 play back plugin. I assumed, since my old TiBook could play this footage back, the the MacBook should have no problems. Have since tried MacBook Pro with Leopard, still no dice. Any Ideas?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics