Converting a sequence into a clip

Posted by hvolterra 
Converting a sequence into a clip
April 05, 2010 08:01PM
Hello,

I'm using FCP 6.0.6 on a Mac G5.

When I captured my data (off mini-DV tapes) some of the reels did not have the audio properly synced. To solve this, I went into each reel, turned it into a sequence, and adjusted the audio track so that it syncs up with the video.

The problem is that now my original reel clips are sequences, which complicates the editing. I'd like to turn them back into clips. So my question is how would I do that?

Thank you in advance,

Hava
Re: Converting a sequence into a clip
April 05, 2010 08:18PM
Create a new bin, and make sure all the clips are linked (select the clip, hit apple L), then drag the clips into the new bin.

www.strypesinpost.com
April 05, 2010 10:25PM
Or export the sequences as self contained quicktime movies, then reimport. Make sure the export settings are the one you want. Once you've done this correctly, you can delete the originals to reclaim space.

April 06, 2010 01:36PM
If you're exporting the sequences, then you need a back up, as the timecode on the tapes will be pretty redundant.

www.strypesinpost.com
April 06, 2010 06:25PM
Oh yeah - I forgot that. You can modify the TC on the timeline before export, or after import using modify timecode, if you need the tape TC. Mostly my guys get info from the captured clips since some comes through non-controllable device and has no relation to the original TC.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics