CineLook2

Posted by adamrob 
CineLook2
April 16, 2010 11:33AM
I used to use an excellent FCP plug-in from DigiEffects called CineLook2. It could work on video to make it look like it was shot on film - so I could match video into film-shot sequences. Sadly it doesn't work with Final Cut Studio 2 running on an Intel Mac. CineLook2 was sold to Red Giant who seem to have killed it. Is there anyone out there clever enough to fix the software and make it work for the new Universal Binary context? Maybe someone has already? This was simply the best plug-in of its kind and there is nothing I know of to touch it (whatever Boris say). Help!
Re: CineLook2
April 16, 2010 02:51PM
What you need is Red Giant's Magic Bullet Looks. I would get the suite:

[www.redgiantsoftware.com]

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 18, 2010 05:31AM
... Red Giant Looks seems to me to be kind of grading tool - CineLook2 could produce: film grain (8mm, 16mm, 35mm, old fashioned, new fine grain etc), gentle gate weave rather than serious highly damaged jitter an so on, and very low levels of neg dirt and neg buffing - all in all make it took just like film, based on real samples rather than fake animations. That's what FCP really needs. Maybe if someone from Apple is reading this, FCP should take up CineLook and offer it as a standard effect?
April 18, 2010 02:01PM
Did you research the link I posted? ...it is a "grader" of sorts but there's MUCH more to it than that. It is a PACKAGE of plug-ins that includes everything you need to emulate all kinds of film "Looks"... RGS "Looks" comes with a little known freebee Film Damage package called "Misfire" which recreates grain / scratches / dust / fading / flicker / funk / gate weave / post contrast / splotches / vignette & more.

Do you want to make your stuff look like FILM STOCK or do you want it to look like OLD DAMAGED FILM? Looks has "Film Stock Emulations" to closely match popular Film Stocks as well as "Tools" to add to the film look including adding grain, 2 and 3 strip process looks, etc.

This package blows away Cinelooks. Contact RGS to make sure that Misfire is still included in the Looks package. Worth every penny...I use Looks almost every day for one thing or another.

April 19, 2010 11:21AM
Yes, I've looked at it now - and yes, it's worth investigating. I've downloaded the free demo and will do some experiments. Thanks for alerting me to this product - which the Red Giant web site will work with the latest Mac OS and version of Final Cut. Thanks again.
April 24, 2010 04:22AM
as an alternative I would go the Nattress road ... the "Film effects" package

Graeme Nattress Film Effects

the smart de-interlacing is amazing. Thin lines (like cables in the sky) remain without aliasing.

Magic Bullet will "breake " them
April 24, 2010 04:19PM
I agree with anything Nattress makes. I mentioned "RGS Looks Suite" because "Misfire" comes along with that spectacular package...for free.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics