New MBPs.

Posted by strypes 
New MBPs.
April 20, 2010 07:11PM
Re: New MBPs.
April 21, 2010 12:22AM
Late comer. Those were announced a week ago. People freaked out that there was no Express34 slot on the 15" models...when they weren't on the LAST gen of the 15" either.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
April 21, 2010 03:12AM
To be fair Shane, I think most folks were maybe just disappointed that the ExpressCard/34 slot didn't make a much requested reappearance on those tiddlers.
April 21, 2010 02:53PM
After moving from a 15" to a 17" I could never go back down so it doesn't effect me.

I don't find the 17" too big to lug everywhere. I don't cut on airplanes. So Im good. I can't wait to add an i7 17"!
April 21, 2010 04:40PM
Was too busy to keep up with the news the last week. Hyper threading. Sounds cool.

www.strypesinpost.com
April 21, 2010 05:14PM
Hyperthreading should help with compressor conversions at the very least. For me that'd the biggest thing. Spending 6 hours to make a dvd is just insane right now on my current setup.

Even if it was just 5 I'd be okay. llol.
April 21, 2010 07:48PM
Who uses 15's anymore anyway? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out I would jump out a window trying to navigate After Effects menus on a 15 with that resolution. It's a 17" or nothin'.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 21, 2010 07:50PM
Great. Now I've got something else to measure and then feel bad about.

April 21, 2010 08:20PM
Me, I love my 15. If I want to do anything serious with it, it just plugs right into my 30" ACD. In the meantime, for quick fix or a little research I can cope with a few less pixels as a trade off as a nod of respect to my aging back.

Besides, it not the size of the boat its the Motion of the ocean.
April 25, 2010 11:12AM
I was seriously hoping for USB 3.0 on these new beasties... but no... hell even the low end PCs are using it on laptops now!

I may simply have to plump for the full spec 17" and get an Express34 to USB 3 adaptor [www.vantecusa.com] for all the crazy fast new HDDs and gizmos.

Still, I need a new laptop and as soon as Apple Release an iPad with camera and Cellular Network I will be getting one of those too! Then hoping the new iPhone 4G will be a free upgrade on my extortionate contract!

Besides, it not the size of the boat its the Motion of the ocean

Women tell men that so they don't get a complex... its actually about the bandwidth tongue sticking out smiley

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics