Motion vs Efter Effects for "Ken Burns"

Posted by Nick Meyers 
Re: Motion vs Efter Effects for "Ken Burns"
July 16, 2006 01:03AM
I am quite happy to write a tutorial of how to set up and animate the photos in After Effects 3D space. Just let me know exactly what you want to do and I'll post the tutorial with the project files as well.

There are other advantages than those mentioned in posts above why you want to animate the images in AE rather than FCP, one of them is the way After Effects handles scaled images (less flicker issues) another one is the ease of which images can be changed/swapped in AE as opposed to FCP. If set up properly from the beginning using AE could be a great time saver, especially on big projects.

Sincerely

Johan Polhem
Motion Graphics
www.johanpolhem.com
July 16, 2006 03:43AM
yes because if you change the size of the image in Fcp (like interverting a light one with the big one for final render) ... you loose it all !

---------------------------------
A Day late & a Dollar-short Productions
July 16, 2006 11:43AM
Don't do that! One rich scan should work for both offline and online. Set a render control setting at 50% for the offline animation. Supply the rich scan to the online suite so they can reconnect exactly the same size graphc and render at full rez, along with effects.

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:
Preview effects sections with Option-P or Option-Backslash!

The FCP 5 KeyGuide?: a professional placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central:
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics