Import to Selected Bin?

Posted by DM 
DM
Import to Selected Bin?
May 01, 2010 12:14PM
Anyone know how to import files to a selected Bin, much the same way as "Set logging bin" is the option when capturing. I want to pre-select a bin and then import to it.

thx
FC 7
Re: Import to Selected Bin?
May 01, 2010 01:04PM
DM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone know how to import files to a selected Bin,
> much the same way as "Set logging bin" is the
> option when capturing. I want to pre-select a bin
> and then import to it.
>
> thx
> FC 7

This is a rather basic question, one which is answered quite clearly in the FCP documentation (hint, hint)...
winking smiley

Starting on page 374 of the FCP 7 User Manual is a list of three answers to your question.

Good luck.

-Dave
DM
May 01, 2010 04:53PM
thanks for the reply but since Im under a time crunch deadline right now, I was hoping for the quick answer to my "basic question". I'll now go find it like a good student. ;=)
May 01, 2010 05:14PM
? drag it from the finder/L&T window into the bin you want? Is that what you want to do?

www.strypesinpost.com
May 01, 2010 05:21PM
Yeah, downloading the PDF and reading two pages of clearly worded instructions, with pictures, is going to beat anything posted here (with less work for all).

We're talking step-by-step instructions with pictures... no more basic than that...

Downloading the PDF may take longer than reading about and actually doing the setup...
winking smiley

-Dave
May 01, 2010 06:02PM
CONTROL-click the bin and choose Import.

www.derekmok.com
May 01, 2010 07:36PM
n/a
May 01, 2010 08:37PM
> You need to open a bin into its own window.

No, you don't. See my post (typo was fixed).

www.derekmok.com
DM
May 01, 2010 08:44PM
cool....once again Derek, your spot on
May 01, 2010 09:27PM
Okay, Derek, you changed your typo... Fine.

And, yeah, you can do this several ways.

But, the OP should have spent two minutes to find the solution himself. And, I answered the question in my first post (maybe not by providing a "hand-held" answer).

It took more time for him and us to respond even once to his original post than for him to find his own answer, which he should have done before posting (or specifically state that the docs weren't clear or that he couldn't find it, etc.)...

Oh well...

By the way, DM you are welcomed...

-Dave
DM
May 02, 2010 12:11AM
D-Mac
It seems you are new to this forum. I'm sure your input is welcome by some. As for me, don't answer my posts. Ignore them.
That way, we'll get along just fine. There are enough cops in the world.
May 02, 2010 01:08AM
DM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> D-Mac
> It seems you are new to this forum. I'm sure your
> input is welcome by some. As for me, don't answer
> my posts. Ignore them.
> That way, we'll get along just fine. There are
> enough cops in the world.

David,

Thanks for being disrespectful to me. Thanks for discounting the effort I made to go out of my way to help you with genuine kindness.

My first post in response to your original post contained the answer your were looking for, as well as two other options. I even used a smiley to keep things light. In the time it took you to respond to my first post, you could have easily read the 3 methods presented in the manual (only about two pages worth). Your response to my post was snarky, at best.

I then continued to try to help clarify things. And, I again used a smiley to keep things "light."

Quite frankly, given your latest post, you don't seem to understand that it is generally considered rude to ask a question without first consulting the documentation or the FAQ. Your question is quite basic and the answer to which is easily found in the FCP manual (and covered in the certified training course book, as well as others). If you had originally said that you couldn't find the answer anywhere, or were just not "getting it," that would have been a different situation.

It's too bad you got defensive and couldn't take help in a more positive light. The documentation provided by Apple is among the best written for any application. Not only can you learn a lot about using the software itself, but often you can learn a lot of general information about video and film.

I am sure that this was just a misunderstanding... no harm done... Mutual respect for people's time is a good thing... Good luck with your project...

Best regards,

Dave
May 02, 2010 01:09AM
Chill, let's not start a flame war here. The pdf is quite a heavy download if your web connection isn't speedy (not something you'd do when you're rushing for time). This would have solved fights..

[documentation.apple.com]

www.strypesinpost.com
May 02, 2010 01:22AM
Gerard, thanks for posting that. I will definitely remember to quote the HTML-ized version of the manual along with the full PDF. I like to quote the PDF version, as it is fully expanded and has page numbers, which can be useful.

David, sorry if the PDF reference was too resource heavy for a quick peek.

Best regards,

Dave
May 02, 2010 08:12AM
OK I'm closing this thread for health and safety reasons. No need for aggro, guys. The point of the forum is to help.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics