Lost my Raw video output

Posted by J.Corbett 
Lost my Raw video output
July 14, 2006 07:04PM
i have some how lost my desktop cinema raw.

my only choices now are NONE and DESKTOP CINEMA MAIN. i dont know what is up with it i have tried a few connection trouble shots and that is about it.
the option for raw isn't even a greyed out choice. it is completely gone.

i am using a regular 15inch TV as a monitor and an adaptor from my video card.
this brings me to another thing. i have change from the stock video card to an ATIx800 video card. which may be the hole entire problem. i can edit still but i am so use to using my external as a reference.

does anyone have the same set up?
how can i get my external monitor back?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: Lost my Raw video output
July 15, 2006 12:13AM
Can't tell you much since you didn't give much info. I can tell you moved to an ATI X800 video card so you must have a G5 computer.

How does that card connect to the 15" monitor? Typically, unless you have a video capture card, you need a trick or two to use the tape deck to host an external monitor. If there is a S-Video out of the card you need to load software to be able to select the second output to the S-Video connector.
July 15, 2006 12:56PM
You are monitoring incorrectly. You should be monitoring only through a DV deck or a bonafide video capture card - NOT a standard video card. If you set up your system as it shows plainly in the manual, you will have greater success.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
July 15, 2006 01:11PM
The ATI X800 has a DVI and ADC connector. Which one goes to your display and which one do you have going to the TV monitor? You might have to do a Firewire passthrough to your deck or camera into the TV monitor.

Post Edited (07-15-06 11:12)

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
July 17, 2006 04:42PM
my TV is connected to the one on the left (for lack terminology). when facing the back of my cpu.

the choice of cinema desktop raw has disappeared.

>>>>You are monitoring incorrectly. You should be monitoring only through a DV deck or a bonafide video capture card - NOT a standard video card. If you set up your system as it shows plainly in the manual, you will have greater success.

at this point i cant spend any money on equipment. so i am trying to find a temporary fix so i can finish this job and get a check that will buy the pro things i need.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

""""
July 17, 2006 06:21PM
What are you using to capture video from? A camera? It will serve as a "deck" for the purposes Kevin and Dean mention: firewire to camera, S-video to TV. Set View>External Video to All Frames.

Scott
July 17, 2006 10:20PM
Yeah, just attach a camcorder via FireWire. Attached S-video out from the cams outputs to your TV. Attach your speaks to the camcorder as well. it's kinda ghetto, but it will work much better than what you were originally going to do.

Kevin Monahan
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Follow Me on Twitter!
July 18, 2006 12:47AM
will this allow me to look at the work i am doing to the footage while in fcp?

that is what i am trying to accomplish. i am so use to looking at a tv screen to see a better representation of my edit may look like on a TV. i can still edit but it just kinda hurts the creative side to loose the TV.

""""
July 18, 2006 01:13AM
i just remembered this lil tid-bit.

the monitor worked on the fourth of july with the very same video card.
July 18, 2006 01:20PM

will this allow me to look at the work i am doing to the footage while in fcp?

Yup. That's the way we've done it since FCP 1.

that is what i am trying to accomplish. i am so use to looking at a tv screen to see a better representation of my edit may look like on a TV. i can still edit but it just kinda hurts the creative side to loose the TV.

Just hook up the way I told you and all will be well.

i just remembered this lil tid-bit.

the monitor worked on the fourth of july with the very same video card.

It may have "worked" but you were not seeing the true YUV output. You were seeing the RGB output which is not reality. Just connect your system as I've outlined and you'll be back in the zone.

Kevin Monahan
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Follow Me on Twitter!
July 19, 2006 11:33AM
thanks folks and for your help i will be sending a years supply of rice-a-roni;-)
Re: Lost Raw video output no s-video
July 23, 2006 01:05PM
i have the rca outs on my dvx going to my tv because the tv doesnt have s-video in.

will this still work and if so are there any settings i need to be doing in final cut?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics