"Whatchoo Talkin' 'Bout Willis?!" RIP Gary Coleman...

Posted by grafixjoe 
"Whatchoo Talkin' 'Bout Willis?!" RIP Gary Coleman...
May 28, 2010 03:21PM
A cultural Television Icon in his own right.

Rest In Peace.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Re: "Whatchoo Talkin' 'Bout Willis?!" RIP Gary Coleman...
May 28, 2010 03:24PM
To this day I still can't look at someone that is bullsh!tting me without thinking "Whatchoo Talkin' 'Bout Willis?!" I actually used that phrase today. What an impact that show had on me.

May 28, 2010 03:45PM
Back in my acting days Gary and I had the same VO agent and hung out a lot during auditions. Found we both shared a passion for model trains. Both of us were into Marklin "N Gauge" and spent a good amount of time at the local train store in Burbank drooling over stuff we could not afford. I still dream of the day I can retire and devote my time to building an awesome N Gauge train set worthy of the cover of Model Railroader Magazine.

He was a great guy and loved to talk. Had a lot of problems off the screen but a lot of that was made up and untrue.

Michael Horton
-------------------
May 28, 2010 04:27PM
Awesome Mike...nice. So glad to hear that. Tabloids SUCK...which is WHY I HATE RUMORS.

May 28, 2010 07:54PM
Met him for a couple of days while working on a TV pilot shot in London for an American network during the 80's. He was a decent chap. I kinda liked him. Very nervy. Cautious. But a good soul, from the perspective of a mere technician on the set.

It's so awful when decent people get exploited and fall from grace and popularity.

Another case of the child actor exploited by parents, as I understand it. Dreadful.

H.
May 29, 2010 12:43PM
RIP. I loved the comedies from that era. Thanks for the laughter.

www.strypesinpost.com
May 29, 2010 03:30PM
Such a shame - I grew up watching Diff'rent Strokes!

Here's a little blast from Gary's past:

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics