Making an MP4 With MP3 audio??

Posted by mj662 
Making an MP4 With MP3 audio??
July 17, 2006 12:48PM

Anyone know how to make an MP4 with MP3 audio? I have a client who says this is all there player will take and Compressor will not do this.

Thanks, Mark
Re: Making an MP4 With MP3 audio??
July 17, 2006 02:06PM
MP4 with MP3? What are you talking about? MP4 is not an audio format. AC3 or AAC are other compressed formats better than MP3, and Compressor 2 has Dolby AC3 built in.
July 17, 2006 02:20PM
I need an MP4 video With MP3 audio all in one QT file. They can not use AAC or whatever Compressor defaults to.

Thanks, Mark

Post Edited (07-17-06 12:21)
July 17, 2006 02:50PM
The desparation method is to bring the MP3 into iTunes, or QuickTime Pro and export it as the format you wish.

If it needs to be a two-step process, export from iTunes as an AIFF, drag it into Final Cut and export the whole show with new track as an MP4.

If you're talking about an MP3 you bought from iTunes in the first place, that's more complicated. Those have security built in.

Koz

July 17, 2006 08:37PM
I need the final movie to have MP4 Video and MP3 audio, The method you explain below would give me what I have now.

MarkKozikowski wrote:

> The desparation method is to bring the MP3 into iTunes, or
> QuickTime Pro and export it as the format you wish.
>
> If it needs to be a two-step process, export from iTunes as an
> AIFF, drag it into Final Cut and export the whole show with new
> track as an MP4.
>
> If you're talking about an MP3 you bought from iTunes in the
> first place, that's more complicated. Those have security
> built in.
>
> Koz
>
July 17, 2006 10:18PM
>>I have a client who says this is all there player will take<<

What kind of player is it? This is a totally wierd ask. I can't think of a way that you could do it, really. Unless...

Yes - what about this using QuicTkime Pro

To add an audio track to a movie:
In QuickTime Player, choose File > Open File and select the audio file you want to import.
In the QuickTime Player window that opens, choose Edit > Select All to select the entire audio file, then choose Edit > Copy.
Open the movie to which you want to add the audio.
To add the audio to the whole movie, choose Edit > Add. To add the audio to a part of the movie, select a part and choose Edit > "Add to Selection and Scale".
"Add to Selection and Scale" slows down or speeds up the audio track to fit the length of the selected part of the movie; the pitch remains the same (when you play the movie in QuickTime Player). You could add video to sound instead, and speed up or slow down the video to match the audio. You might have better results if you compare the timelines of the two tracks and cut from one or the other until they have the same duration.

Note: If your audio and video are created by the same device, such as a DV camera, and are created at the same time, the audio and video will be synchronized.
July 18, 2006 10:17AM
Since this is a non-standard combo of video and audio, I would be very careful that most likely the audio won't even sync to the video.

There are reasons that data types go together better.
July 18, 2006 11:49AM
Also, you need to know your client.

Tell me you've never gotten a really wacky request and it turned out all the client really wanted was a Sorenson QuickTime. A favorite one is "send an Uncompressed QuickTime." We get that once a week.

Gotta keep those clients away from the tech magazines.

Koz

July 18, 2006 02:26PM
Thanks!
Adding the MP3 audio to MP4 video seemed to work fine but I no longer have the .mp4 extension it is now a .mov.

I Suggested to the company that they update there player to something that is QT 7 compatible.

Thanks again, Mark
Re: Making an MP4 With MP3 audio?? Oh Darn!!
July 18, 2006 06:31PM
<<<I Suggested to the company that they update there player to something that is QT 7 compatible.>>>

If you're talking to them, *please* ask them why they want that combination. We just had delivered to us an animation sample that was DiVX and MP3. That qualifies as MP4 picture and MP3 sound.

Clearly, something out there likes that and we need to be aware of it.

I opened the clip in GMPlayer on one of the LINUX machines, played it live to analog video, converted it to SDI in the machine room and then re-captured it in FCP5 via the Kona card.

OK, stop laughing. That was literally the only way we could make the file useful. It wouldn't play on anything else in the building.

Koz

July 18, 2006 09:01PM
Hey Koz, check out ffmpeg

[aldorandenet.free.fr]

I haven't used it for a few versions and it used to be quite technical to set up, but it was great for converting wierd DivX stuff.

I'm also interested in what the player is that needs this combo of codecs. There's always that one bloody client who wants a wmv that will play on the toaster oven in his campervan... in HD.
Re: Making an MP4 With MP3 audio?? Oh Darn!!
July 18, 2006 10:30PM

<<<I'm also interested in what the player is that needs this combo of codecs. There's always that one bloody client who wants a wmv that will play on the toaster oven in his campervan... in HD.>>>

Coleman is making an HD Propane Toaster? Where's my checkbook?

Yes, this would be just another once in a millennium oddity had it not happened twice in a row. That means whatever the heck this is, is going to burn other people--and it's going to burn us again.

Koz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics