rendering every edit

Posted by joperbof 
rendering every edit
June 06, 2010 01:51AM
i'm working in fc pro 5 and i've imported and rendered the footage in the time line. i laid another track on top of the first and every edit i make to the second track makes me render the cut. what am i doing wrong? help and thanks!
Re: rendering every edit
June 06, 2010 02:41AM
What codec is your sequence set to?

www.strypesinpost.com
June 06, 2010 02:51AM
> i laid another track on top of the first and every edit i make to the second track makes me
> render the cut.

?????

Not sure what you're asking? If the clip underneath requires rendering, laying a clip on a track above will destroy the renders.

www.derekmok.com
June 06, 2010 07:49AM
There is zero information here. If you don't know what a codec is try google or the Help menu. Why are you having to render in the first place? What are the exact item properties of your clips? What are the exact item properties of the sequence you're editing in? If you don't know what these questions mean, or how to find this information, consult the Help menu.

All the best,

Tom
June 06, 2010 11:41AM
let me attempt to clarify... in my time line i have laid down video/audio tracks. once placed in the timeline, i had to render. i have locked the track. on a second track i've laid down video only. whenever i manipulate the second video track i must render from edit transition to edit transition. i usually can make my edits with no problem.
the clip properties are:

dv ntsc 48 khz
rendering in 8 bit yuv

29.97 fps
720 x 480
dv/dvc pro - ntsc
3.6 mb/sec
ntsc - ccir 601

thank you for the help.
June 06, 2010 11:49AM
Sequence Settings?

www.derekmok.com
June 06, 2010 11:59AM
the sequence settings are:

frame size: 1440x1080 (16:9)
pixel aspect ratio: hd (1440x1080)
Field dominance: upper - odd
edit. timebase: 29.97
compressor: hdv 1080i60
quality: 100%
Audio rate: 48khz
depth: 16 bit
Config.: stereo
June 06, 2010 12:22PM
> frame size: 1440x1080 (16:9)
> pixel aspect ratio: hd (1440x1080)

There you go.
Edit in a DV timeline. No more rendering. If you're not familiar with Sequence Settings and matching them to clip settings, use Easy Setup - DV NTSC.

www.derekmok.com
June 06, 2010 09:16PM
So change the settings in easy setup then make a new sequence and edit in that. What you're doing now is asking FCP to change your footage from 720 to 1080, and from DV to HDV. It requires rendering, just like changing a mouse to an elephant would require magic, or really impressive science, at the very least.

June 07, 2010 02:01AM
thanks derek & jude for the magic lesson! i sussed it out and wall is well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics