Inserting DV footage into HDV sequence?

Posted by DM 
DM
Inserting DV footage into HDV sequence?
June 07, 2010 09:52PM
I'm editing a 2 hr HDV event. I have to insert 20 minutes of DV (4 x 3) footage into the sequence. It's a must because there were footage problems with the HDV that render it unusable. Fortunately or maybe? I have the DV backup. I could drop the DV into the HDV sequence and render it for a couple of hrs, but thought I'd ask for input on the best way to resolve this without hours of experimentation. My concern is stretching the DV footage to fill a 16 x 9 frame. Is there a better way to accomplish this? Other concern is dropping I frame footage into an mpeg sequence? can't be great. I'm thinking best is to leave it alone and let it pillar box it's way through that portion of the sequence....if that's even possible.

thx ahead of time

FC 3 suite
dual quad core Intel Mac Pro
HDV sequence- 1080i at 60
Re: Inserting DV footage into HDV sequence?
June 07, 2010 11:11PM
I have done just what you are trying to do and it worked just fine. I just left the pillar box in and dropped the DV footage right into the HDV timeline. No problems, just let it render when you go to bed or when you make a trip to the store. Should work just fine.
DM
June 07, 2010 11:15PM
thx for the reply.
your not kidding about the time. I got a 2 hr plus render message for a little over 20 minutes of footage.
June 08, 2010 09:15AM
Yeah, I plan on about an 8 hr. render for a 1 hr. show. I just let it go overnight.
DM
June 08, 2010 10:46AM
I'm noticing that there is a vertical stretch happening as well. I'm having to apply the -33 aspect ratio distortion to the DV footage before dropping into the HDV timeline. Then it seems to look ok horizontally. Just left with no sides....

thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics