Time Codes inside QuickTime

Posted by Kozikowski 
Time Codes inside QuickTime
July 17, 2006 07:48PM
I coudn't find anything in the searches.

Is there a way to get TimeLine timecodes to stick to an exported QuickTime?

Somebody across town opens up my QuickTime and it goes from 3:45:32;35 to 3:45:41;00. I don't think QuickTime Player will display that, but if they dropped my video onto a new timeline......?

Koz

Re: Time Codes inside QuickTime
July 17, 2006 08:24PM
Drop ANY clip into a new timeline and the timeline determines the timecode. But, if he opens the clip in the Viewer, can he see YOUR timeline TC?

What they can do is adjust their preferences so that their starting timeline TC starts at whatever number they want it to...then match it up. Messy, but possible.
July 18, 2006 10:56AM
What about edge numbers burned into the telecined tape? Do the time code and edge numbers stay together?
July 18, 2006 11:44AM
<<<What about edge numbers burned into the telecined tape?>>>

Actually, we have the odd problem of there being *too many* numbers burned into the tape. Yes, the number in the lower right is usually the feet and frame numbers from the film (ACMED Code??)

But let's say you didn't do all that. Let's say you got a QuickTime from a client and it didn't have any burns at all. The instructions are to use 3:45:02;00 as the first frame in a cut. It's not the first frame of the piece. No other information.

Is that possible using any of the QuickTime transport agents? As soon as I get on a machine, I'll try that Viewer thing, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to work.

Koz

July 18, 2006 03:54PM
There is a program called Sebsky tools which can add a timecode track to any quicktime file. You could export a quicktime movie of your sequence, then add the timecode to it with this program.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics