ProRes 422 Standard & HQ in the same timeline... convert?

Posted by Russ Blaise 
ProRes 422 Standard & HQ in the same timeline... convert?
July 12, 2010 08:28PM
I'm capturing my footage in ProRes 422 Standard. Some of the footage that is given to me was captured in ProRes 422 HQ. I would like to just work in the ?422 Standard. Do I need to convert the HQ footage to Standard for it to work in the same timeline? If so what is the best way to convert it, Compressor? Is there any thing to look out for?

Just a note: I'm using the footage for the web, DVD's and to be shown through a projector to a big screen.

Thanks,
Re: ProRes 422 Standard & HQ in the same timeline... convert?
July 12, 2010 08:50PM
Just work with it...should work fine. As long as your drives are fast enough to deal with HQ...

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
July 12, 2010 09:00PM
Oh, so I don't have to convert the HQ footage. The drives I use are the CalDigit VR 3TB. That should work?
July 12, 2010 09:21PM
Yes, should be fine in the same timeline. I don't know that drive, but a few minutes work should tell you if it's going to be fast enough or not.

July 12, 2010 10:05PM
The CalDigit VR seems to be working keeping up. I have the playback set to Unlimited RT and not seeing any problems.

Thanks,
July 13, 2010 01:29AM
You should be on full quality RT mode, so that won't be an issue in cutting. You'll have to render when you're exporting, but otherwise it's not an issue.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics