RT settings

Posted by pinkfrankenstein 
RT settings
July 18, 2010 05:06PM
I'm editing an interview I shot with my iPhone which comes in as 1280 x 720 29.97fps H.264

I'm putting in some still images over the top and some other minor effects. Every time I do I got to render and the render time is killing me and my workflow.

It's been several years since I was editing, I'm wondering what settings can I use to get either RT editing or at least something that doesn't take several minutes to render less than a minute of footage.

Right now I am using the default Offline RT JPEG 29.97. I don't know what else to use.

Render time is killing me.
Re: RT settings
July 18, 2010 05:11PM
Convert everything to ProRes.

EDIT: Sure, Jeff.

www.strypesinpost.com
July 18, 2010 05:12PM
Batch-process all your source material to ProRes 422 (LT) before editing.

Edit: Jinx, Strypes. You owe me a coke.

July 18, 2010 05:23PM
Cool. I knew that I wouldn't find that in the manual. I'm too entrenched and almost done with the project, but there will be more to come so thanks.

Is ProRes 422 a less compressed format? Will I out put the final project from that?
July 18, 2010 09:25PM
>Is ProRes 422 a less compressed format?

Yes.

>Will I out put the final project from that?

Yes.

You need to change the sequence frame size and format to ProRes 720p after you convert the footage. The frame size may go a little wonky, but that is because offline RT is 320x240. When that happens, select everything hit "command option V" and remove scale and distort. You may have to redo keyframes.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics