timecode reader filter

Posted by philnorden 
timecode reader filter
July 21, 2006 07:39PM
I'm trying to use this filter to do tape outputs with a timecode window, but it shows zero hour TC regardless of the sequence settings. Minutes, seconds and frames are accurate.
Re: timecode reader filter
July 22, 2006 11:26AM
how are you applying it? What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to send out a sequence with the TC of each clip, or are you trying to send out a sequence with an unbroken TC window?

Andy
July 22, 2006 07:11PM
I'm trying to get a window of the entire sequence timecode, and I'm applying it to a slug occupying the top video track. However, the hour always reads 00, instead of 01 or 02 like my sequences do.
July 22, 2006 09:54PM
Try using Timecode Generator instead, and change the start time to match your Sequence.
July 22, 2006 09:58PM
Good idea. But I'm curious whether or not this is s general problem with the reader filter, or is it just my situatuion?
July 22, 2006 10:55PM
Since you're using the Slug trick, you may have to use Modify - Timecode on it to ensure it has the same timecode as your timeline. I've seen some similar irregularities when I use this trick for timecode burn (I use a Text object instead -- it's better, since it has an built-in alpha channel).
July 23, 2006 11:54AM
It may be a problem with the way you're trying to apply it. Try nesting your sequence into another sequence and then apply the filter to the nest. This is more effective than using a slug clip that you'd have to crop in order to see the track below. When I apply the TC Reader clip in that fashion it acts fine.

Andy
July 23, 2006 07:58PM
Both you guys are right. Seems like any slug has a source timecode of 00:00:00:00, so thta's what the TC reader filer is seeing, not the sequence TC. It must be modifed to match. But nesting seems to be a better solution. Thanks a lot!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics