Boris

Posted by Marcus2 
Boris
July 22, 2006 12:04AM
Hey Guys,

Having upgraded to FCP Studio and just installed BORIS CC #4, when I apply it to my clips, I get black picture, no matter what filter... any ideas?

Thanks,

M

Marcus T
iCreate! digital|post
12 Core Mac Pro, Snow Leopard, FCP 7.0.3, 8Gb Memory.
Re: Boris
July 22, 2006 01:28AM
click on the tab where you can change the parameters. You'll see a grey logo for boris and click once on that and wait. The program will open up where you'll type in the text and make the choices of font, color, etc. Then click on the first tab of the viewer to see the results.
July 22, 2006 05:23AM
Thanks anyway man, but that wasn't it. There is a PATCH that is downloadable that fixes problems with FCP 5.1.1. I downloaded, installed, started with CAPS LOCK down, restarted with Caps up and Voila! It's all cool...!

Thanks again...

Marcus T
iCreate! digital|post
12 Core Mac Pro, Snow Leopard, FCP 7.0.3, 8Gb Memory.
July 22, 2006 01:47PM
Film-man, he's talking about Boris Continuum Plug-ins, not Boris Title 3D. You should check 'em out, they're totally cool.

I found that Boris RED needed that patch as well.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
September 22, 2006 09:35PM
In case you haven't succeded in the fix, remember that the first time you open FCP, hold down the Cap key. Then shut FCP down and reopen normally.
September 22, 2006 09:54PM
I might FAQ this - I can see it becoming an issue. Marcus - do you have a link to the patch?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics