Required audio settings for imported .MOV video files into FCP7 as to avoid rendering

Posted by SBOneil 
I shot a nine month long backpacking trip around Asia using a HD Sony Handycam. The raw .MTS video files were sent home periodically on an 250GB external hard drive.

I am now home and have converted those .MTS files into HD .MOV files at 1920 x1080 and 29.7 fps using Wondershare Video Converter Pro. The best audio conversion setting available with Wondershare is 48KHz and 32 bit floating point.

When I import into FCP7 the video does not require rendering but the audio does. I was told that if I can convert the audio into 16 bit integer then FCP7 will be able to read it upon import and won't require audio rendering.

Q1: Is this correct?
Q2: If so how (or what program) can I use to alter the audio format of my HD .MOV video clips?

Many thanks.

Steve O
Re: Required audio settings for imported .MOV video files into FCP7 as to avoid rendering
July 26, 2010 08:35PM
Yes it is correct. Since I have no idea what Wondershare Video Convertor actually makes, I can't give specific advice on what to use on the resulting files, but you could export your audio and convert it in Quicktime or iTunes, or, if you have your original audio somewhere separate, do the same on them.

Here's how to deal with audio files to prep for FCP via iTunes : [www.lafcpug.org]

Or possibly you could use Mpeg Streamclip to re-export the files in their original state with the audio at the correct rate.

Re: Required audio settings for imported .MOV video files into FCP7 as to avoid rendering
July 27, 2010 12:51AM
You should convert the audio to LPCM 48khz 24 bits or 16 bits.

You could also try ClipWrap for the conversion.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics